Lowest Price Guarantee!
Free cancellations up to 48 hours in advance
Price per Person
October 2020: we're having fun Now with this wine tour.
Trade the bustling streets of Rome for a day in the Lazio countryside on a 4-hour wine tour. Visit a wine cellar in the medieval village of Borgo and get an insider’s perspective on winemaking. Head to an Italian restaurant and enjoy wine pairings with a traditional meal of cheese, meat, and more. Let’s start our wine and lunch experience! The cellar is located inside the medieval “Borgo” village. It was built in the 12th century by digging into the tufa hills behind the Castello. In the thirties, while uncovering the connecting tunnel between the two caverns, two mammoth tusks were found here. We will meet our somellier guide and take a brief walk in a private cellar and learn all the secrets of wine processing. We move to the restaurant for a taste of an Italian pre-dinner with a selection of regional cheese and cut meat and Roman-style dishes. Each course is paired with an elegant local wine selected by the chef and guide to enhance the flavors of both the food and wine. After the meal, our experience ends with the return to Rome, bringing ancient Roman memories and flavors.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local Sommelier guide
- Visit medieval cellar nearby Rome
- Wine Tasting (3 different bottles)
- Food tasting based on delicious local products
- Italian pre-dinner with a selection of regional cheese and cut meat
- Pasta dish usually carbonara (only for morning tour)
- Dessert (only for morning tour)
- Possibility of buying wine and olive oil
- Historical Venue
- Tips (optional)
Notes and Suggestions
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Some tour destinations could sometimes be affected by extraordinary events and therefore be not available. In these cases, the tour operator is happy to offer its clients an extended tour in order to cover the duration of the published offer